I have been slacking. I apologize!
I wrote a lot this summer--but everything is saved as a draft! I never got the chance to go back and continue with what I had started. :/ I will have to go back and bring each topic that I started back up and post them soon. :)
Ah, this insane heat.
It's a little hectic, indeed.
Just as crazy as this as this summer. I cannot believe that summer is already over. It seems like just yesterday I was thinking, of how fast summer was going to go by--and here I am, anticipating the first day of school!
Summer was incredible--I cannot believe how fast the days go by when one is having fun! Perhaps, I should have done something to make it last longer but then again...I want school to start already! So, no need to slow down time--for now. :)
I am very excited about my first day of school but as the days get closer to the 22nd, I feel more and more sick. I am feeling homesick! Of a home away from home! I am missing my BU home! I knew this was going to happen, and I am just coping with it :) Just like with a fever--you've just got to sweat it out. Hence, my Insanity and Zumba workouts--oh man, those sure are some heavy BUCKETS of sweat. Ah, it all feels very good though :)
As I am getting over my home sickness, I am starting to realize how much I wanted to come to this new school. When I saw my older brother in his graduation robe, stepping up the steps to receive his university diploma, I knew that I wanted to follow his steps and claim his school as my own alma mater. My brother had always been a huge inspiration and motivation in my life. He is the sole reason I have come this far. I feel proud to be representing his school and I will be sure not to disappoint. :)
I've been telling a lot of my friends and family about my transferring of schools and to my surprise, everyone has been extremely excited to see that I am staying home. A lot of my friends that are already attending this school, are already making plans to study together and to hangout. My aunts and cousins gave me a huge hug and smile when they heard the knews. (I am excited about spending more time with them now that I am home.) Even my dad's clients and friends are excited that I will be studying closer home. I feel great having all of this support.
I currently have a full schedule. I have been looking at all of the clubs and activites that my new school has to offer and I have fallen in love with a lot of them! I don't want to overwhelm myself with too many extra curricular activities since this is my first semester here, so I am cutting down my options to dedicate my time to a few ones.
During my orientation, I met a certified personal trainer! Ah! My own personal trainer--I will definitely have fun this summer :) On our plan: real bootcamp, marathons, and hours at our Rec Center!!!!! I AM SO EXCITED! I've got my workout plans ready for the semester! :D
Summer is over. I had an absolutely incredible time with the people I love. I got to see old friends, enjoy amazing days with my (almost vegan) bestie, spend time with new friends, and got a special visit from my wonderful bud from Austin! <--that was the highlight of my summer indeed!
New school. New year. I CANNOT wait to meet new people. :) New friends will come, but one thing is for sure--my BU friends made a lasting impression in my heart and they will remain there forever...whether they like it or not! and I will be sure to go back and visit everyone sometime soon. :)
Who knows when I will post next. -_- I really have to post all those drafts that I started...The first big event is my first week of school-->definitely will post something there! and THEN oh gosh--a MONTH after the first day of school will be MY BIRTHDAY. Not much of an event there! we'll see how it goes.:) Time to go insane this semester--insane from all that studying of course. :/
" We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned, so as to have the life that is waiting for us. The old skin has to be shed before the new one can come."
- Joseph Campbell
No comments:
Post a Comment