Friday, June 3, 2011

No time outs

I have always been attracted to the art of writing. This was probably derived from being a young avid reader until the last years of my high school career. Now that I am in college, opening a book for leisure becomes such a treat. I've been adding to my list of books to read. It keeps getting longer and has not gotten one bit shorter since I started adding to it. I will post the list soon. Perhaps this will motivate me to start crossing names off of it. I shall continue writing as well.

This summer is going to be filled with summer classes but this should not be an excuse to keep me from blowing the dust off that deserted book and cracking it open. Perhaps I will continue writing (I have so many poems stashed in my laptops and notebooks.)I am not going to say that they are the least perfect because they are terrible. I could do better if I try but most of those poems were written in the surge of boredom.

I am a huge fan of music. My favorite are non-mainsstream music. I have been lagging on my music as well, I need to jump back on my music expertise and go to more local concerts this summer.

If time allows, it would be wonderful to continue my paintings. I never make time to paint. It is such a great form of meditation along with jogging and dancing( I could do both of these activities endlessly without getting tired).

On another note, this summer and coming school year(s) I will go back to what I did best in high school: seclusion! Meaning: no phone (hence no texting), no social networks, no social "events", no interaction with the male gender(surprising, I know-- but that is how it was in high school),little interaction with girl friends, nothing that will jeopardize my 4.0. Yes, I am sounding a little too extreme. However, it was definitely all worth it in high school! Yes, this is not high school, it's college. Actually, this had been my original plan on the first day of my college career but things happened--and well it's not too late to keep following the plan!

Therefore, blogs might be my only form of "fun." I sound so boring right now. I don't mind! I've had my good dose of fun--too much perhaps. This will just mean going back to my normal self and experiencing college in a much calmer level.

The plan will initiate soon since summer classes are right around the corner--we'll see how this goes. I am really up for the challenge, I know I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment