Friday, June 3, 2011

Reminisce

So many graduations this weekend--these days will be filled with so many things to do. I had already made a pact to stay away from a few things this year, but I will enforce it after Monday so attending graduation will remain on the to-do list. As for an introduction of myself I apologize: but I am not having one. I'd rather keep my identity private for sometime--a few clues might be shown here and there but I am not a fan of publicizing my name in vain.

Back to graduation: I congratulate all the 2011 graduates. It truly is a great feat in their lives, both grads from high school and college. I could keep elaborating on that thought but I already wrote my heart out on my speech for my own graduation--perhaps wrote more than what the audience had anticipated to hear. But hey, I might have put a few people to sleep but that abrupt switch to a different language--I got them there(despite what others might have thought)! My farewell address was not purposely long, like I said before--I love to write. The original copy had been twice as long but it was cut short by the senior adviser. Everyone kept asking me if I had been nervous while delivering my speech. Honestly, four years back had I known that I was going to deliver a speech in front of a massive audience--I would have died right then and there. However on that day, I did not feel any form of butterflies in my stomach. I felt calm. The only thing that bothered me the MOST was the wires in my mouth. No I am not speaking of braces--I had already adjusted to those. I am speaking of the pestering springs holding on to dear life in the sides of my mouth. The necessary evil needed to adjust my assumed-to-be perfect teeth. Oh those springs were death. I dreaded those weeks with the badgering springs. One thing was having the cuts in my mouth and having an awkward bumpy smile,I was ok with that--the thing that got me the most was speaking with those wires. Seriously, I already have an awkward accent, but those springs made me slur and literally spit my words out(to this day, that proneness to spitting has unfortunately remained. I spray it not say it. I should just stop talking as much as I do!). Yes, I still had those springs on graduation day and I dreaded giving my speech because of that. Despite that little problem, I still had an amazing time delivering an amazing speech--I'd do it again in a flash, even with wires constricting the precious words that always come out of my oh so lovely mouth. I'll be waiting for this year's speech. It won't top mine of course but I'll give them a chance to express their glorious words.

My graduation day was indeed unforgettable. I had the honor of sitting on stage. This gave me the perfect view of the entire ceremony. I miraculously did not trip or fall. This was the sole reason as to why I specifically bought the shoes I had. The only problem I kept having was a wardrobe malfunction. It was a strapless dress so it kept slipping off from the weight of my phone and safety pins. The dress had pockets in it so I was holding safety pins for the girls or guys in my class (I was able to aid a few people that day thanks to those pins) and I was carrying my phone despite what the administrators had said, "no cell phones allowed." I was an honor student so they wouldn't tell me anything--got away with every thing. One of the pleasures of being a female honor student--I know how to work my way around. Well, luckily, the graduation gown covered anything that did not need to be displayed so the wardrobe malfunction was overcome.

That day was also filled with many surprises--good and bad. I was able to see old friends which made me very happy. Well, after the graduation ceremony, I had a wonderful party at my house. A lot of my family attended the ceremony and dinner party. My family: I don't even know where to begin. My family is composed of so many people, we can make our own little city--seriously. There are so many relatives that I have not even met it's not even funny. My huge family: that's another topic that I'll be more than happy to elaborate on, it's very interesting how the relationships in my family function.

With all this reminiscence, I feel the need to stop before I get motion sickness...Seriously I don't know where all these flashbacks are coming from but I'll just stop here for now. It's all about looking forward so that's exactly what I will be doing. The next thing that is on my agenda is my college graduation with honors. :)

Great, now Vitamin C's Graduation song is playing in my head... "As we go on, we remember All the times we had together And as our lives change, from whatever We will still be, friends forever"

No comments:

Post a Comment